This skin serum acts as a daily dark spot corrector, targetting visible skin discoloration to achieve brighter, more even-looking skin.
Discoloration Defense is a layerable, daily-use dark spot corrector clinically proven to reduce the appearance of key types of skin discoloration in all skin tones, including hard-to-treat forms such as stubborn brown patches and post-acne marks. Formulated with 3% tranexamic acid, 1% kojic acid, 5% niacinamide, and 5% HEPES, this is the best dark spot corrector, as the latest-generation formula improves the appearance of skin discoloration, brightens skin, and evens skin tone in as early as 2 weeks. Essentially, Discoloration Defense is a bundle of benefits your skin will thank you for.
How To Use
- Apply 3-5 drops of SkinCeuticals skin discoloration serum, twice daily
- For morning use, apply skin serum after a SkinCeuticals vitamin C serum and follow with a SkinCeuticals broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen.
- Lessen your skin's sun exposure while using this skin serum.
- Do not use on irritated or broken skin. If irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Features a harmonious blend of anti skin discoloration ingredients to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration, improve brightness, and minimize the reoccurrence of discoloration (with continued use)
60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches1
34% average reduction in post-blemish marks in deeper skin tones2
Paraben-, fragrance-, silicone-, gluten-, and hydroquinone-free
Ideal at-home complement to professional skin discoloration treatments, such as chemical peels or non-ablative laser; always consult with a physician for individual regimen recommendations
3% Tranexamic Acid
This synthetically-derived ingredient decreases the reoccurrence of skin discoloration and stubborn brown patches. Optimal results occur with continued use.
1% Kojic Acid
Naturally produced by certain fungi, kojic acid helps improve skin brightness.
Also known as vitamin B3, this water-soluble vitamin is found naturally in yeast, meat, fish, milk, eggs, green vegetables, beans, and cereal grains. This ingredient is known to help reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
In a 12-week clinical study, Discoloration Defense significantly improved the appearance of key skin discoloration markers:
- 60% average improvement in the appearance of stubborn brown patches
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of skin discoloration
- 81% average improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks
- 59% average improvement in the appearance of even skin tone
Skin Type & Concern
SKIN TYPE: Dry, Normal, Oily, Combination
SKIN CONCERN: Discoloration